Highlights of a trip include getting up close to New Zealand’s only colony of Antarctic penguins – the majestic Kings and playful Gentoos. Come face to face with thousands of marine creatures including sting rays, sharks, octopus and more. Your trip may include a free lesson session for your class or group, and a self-guided tour through the world of Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium.
What you can discover at Kelly Tarlton's:
- Antarctic Ice Adventure with a new viewing area for our sub-Antarctic
penguins and a replica of Scott's Hut
- Stingray Bay featuring giant stingrays and enchanting elephant sharks
- Shipwreck Shores is an awesome play zone
- Shark Tank and Shipwreck Discovery tank with thousands of native fish
- Fish gallery hosts tropical species, fresh water eels and huge crayfish
- Seahorese Kingdom showcases weird and wonderful Seahorse species.
School excursions include:
- Discounted admissions rates for students
- Free Teacher tickets (ratio dependant)
- Downloadable RAMS
- Free downloadable study resources
- Free classroom lesson by Marine Biologists
- Free teacher entry prior to excursion date (on production of Teacher ID and 24 hour notice period)